The M&T Online Banking service, M&T Web Banking for Business allows you to manage your business account effectively at any time, at www.mtb.com.
Enrolling for the business banking account online service
To enroll for the online service, you must already hold a business checking account with M&T. If you do not already hold an account, you can contact the Business Telephone Banking Center on 1-800-724-6070 or visit your local M&T branch. After opening an account, you can enroll for the online service either on the M&T website, or in branch. In order to enroll, you will need to provide your account details, your Company Tax ID, your Social Security number and a telephone number for the business. Also note that whoever signs up to the online service will be recorded as the “Company Administrator” who will be the main contact between your business and M&T. Eligible accounts to sign up include business accounts, loans, banking mortgage or Wilmington Funds accounts.
You will be asked to create a User ID, passcode and telephone verification code to identify you if you need to call M&T. You will also be provided with a copy of the service Terms and Conditions, and a selection of security questions to help protect your account. You may also sign up for additional services at this time.
Managing your account M&T online
Once the enrollment process is complete, your administrator will be able to access and make payments on behalf of your business. Online, you or your administrator can:
- Transfer money between other M&T accounts (including to personal banking accounts),
- Arrange future one-time transactions, or recurring transfers,
- Pay bills, invoices or monthly repayments towards an M&T business loan or line of credit payment,
- View transactional detail for up to 90 days, for up to 1,000 items,
- View and print 24 months’ history of check images and past statements,
- Access banking on mobile devices using the banking app M&T Online Mobile for Business,
- Change details such as your passcode or email address via the Customer Service section.
The basic features of the online service are provided completely free of charge; however, there are additional services available as follows:
- M&T Direct Connect is available for $9.95 per month, and allows you to access your accounts through Intuit QuickBooks and Quicken software.
- M&T Mobile Check Deposit allows you to make two deposits free per month; additional deposits are charged at $0.99 each.
- FinanceWorks from Intuit provides enhanced facilities for $0.99 per month.
M&T also provides an online payroll service, allowing you to automate online salary payments for up to 10 employees, for just $54.99 per month.
If online banking is down, you can still call M&T with regards to your accounts on 1-800-724-6070.
In summary, the M&T online service allows you to deal with your business incomings and outgoings efficiently, adaptable to suit your needs.