You have lost your job through no fault of your own, you may be able to claim unemployment insurance or UI. Go know for Webcert MA on mass.gov
Applying by phone: TeleCert
Unemployment insurance is administered by the Department of Unemployment Assistance, or DUA, in Boston, and provides short-term income protection for workers in Massachusetts who’ve been laid off. You can apply for benefits on a weekly basis, either by telephone or via the Mass.gov website.
TeleCert is an automated telephone system that will let you know if you’re eligible to receive benefits, how much you’re entitled to receive and if there are any issues affecting your eligibility. In order to sign up you will need a DUA Personal Identification Number, along with a touch-tone telephone.
Once you’re signed up, you’ll need three things in order to apply:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your DUA PIN number
- If you’ve worked in the past week, your gross (i.e. pre-tax) earnings.
The phone number for the service is 617-626-6338, and the service is available in both English and Spanish.
Applying online through the Mass.gov website: WebCert MA account
Alternatively, you can apply for UI benefits online. This method is known as WebCert. In order to access it, you’ll need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- One of the following browsers: Mozilla Firefox 1 or 2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7 8 or 9, Netscape Navigator 8 or 9, Google Chrome or Apple Safari 2 or 3.
- Your Social Security Number and TeleCert PIN. (Once you’re signed up, you’ll receive a WebCert password.)
It’s now easier than ever to apply for UI. Both applications for insurance, via the Mass.gov website, and searching for work, via the Detma site, can now be completed online, but telephone services are still available in case your server’s down or if you need any other assistance.