The Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (Mass DUA) provides temporary income to unemployed Massachusetts’s workers on www.mass.gov.
Claiming benefits from mass.gov
Apply for benefits online or through the TeleClaim Center. Employers information is on UI Online, formerly QUEST.
- Go to the mass.gov claimant’s page.
- For a first claim, create an account using your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Log in with your UI online or old WebCert account details. Follow the instructions.
Through the TeleClaim Center
- From area codes 617 and 781, call 1-617-626-6800.
- From area codes 351, 413, 508, 774 and 978, call 1-617-626-6801.
- For voice Relay, call 711.
The day you call depends on the last digit of your SSN.
- Last digit 0 or 1, call Monday.
- Last digit 2 or 3, call Tuesday.
- Last digit 4, 5 or 6, call Wednesday.
- Last digit 7, 8 or 9, call Thursday.
- Any last digit, call Friday.
8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Requesting payments from mass.gov
Request payments weekly, online or through the TeleCert system.
- Go to the Mass DUA gov claimants page.
- Log in.
- Enter your SSN, click “Next”, and then follow the instructions.
Through Tele Cert
- Call the TeleCert number – 1-617-626-6338.
- Enter your SSN and DUA Personal Identification Number (PIN). For a new PIN, call 1-617-626-6943.
- Follow the automated menu.
- Await payment confirmation and report any address change.
- To check your payment status, call phone number 1-617-626-6563.
5:00 am – 10:00 pm any day
Claims and requests are made online or by telephone, not at physical locations.
For problems or appeals, contact the telephone center or:
Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance
19 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114