Signing up for a free AOL mail account is easy at www.aol.com and just requires a few simple steps.
Setting up a free AOL.com account.
- Go to the site and click on the link AOL marked ‘mail’. From there you’ll be taken to the log in screen.
- Click the box marked ‘Get a Free Username’.
- Click on this link which will take you through the steps to create an account.
- Fill in the boxes with your first and last names.
- Choose the mail email address you want.
- Pick a secure password, which you’ll need to confirm in the second box. It’s best to choose passwords that contain at least one non-alphabetical character, and to avoid using any personal details. Click ‘next’.
- Now we just need some personal details. Enter your date of birth in the month, day and year boxes, tick your gender, and enter your postcode in the box provided.
- In the next box, you’ll be asked for a security question and an answer, for instance, favourite animal or first school, and the answer. This is to ensure that no-one else can access you account.
- Click ‘next’, and enter the characters you see in the box provided. Again, this is a security precaution, and helps to avoid spam.
Once this is done, your AOL account is ready to go!
Signing in to My AOL
- Go to www.aol.com sign in page
- Click on mail.
- Enter username.
- Enter password.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on ‘forgot password’.
- Type in the characters on the screen.
- Select ‘Account Security Question’.
- Answer the question, and re-set your password.
Once you’ve got a mail login for an account, you have access to the latest news (www.aollatino.com en espanol), weather and TV and radio listings. There are also links to facebook, and it’s possible to personalise local settings for your particular area. There is also a ‘help’ option.
Signing up to AOL is easy, free and straightforward, it only takes a few minutes to get an account!