How to file an online claim for extended benefits in Maryland with MD Unemployment? Learn how to use ‘File Webcert’ on www.mdunemployment.com
Maryland Unemployment Information: apply for unemployment insurance benefits
The MD Unemployment web site is where you file your initial claim if you become unemployed, so you can receive the support you need while looking for new jobs.
You can only file online if, in the last 18 months, you have:
- Worked and earned wages in Maryland only;
- Not filed for unemployment insurance in another state;
- Worked for three or fewer different employers in this time; and
- None of those employers were the Federal Government.
Please contact a Claim Centre by telephone if you cannot file online.
You must also have the following information:
- Your Social Security Number and mailing address;
- A current telephone number;
- Names, birth dates and Social Security Numbers of all dependents under age 16;
- Proof of your alien status if you not a citizen;
- Business name, address, and dates of employment for all employers within the last 18 months.
There are additional requirements if you seek work through a union, or if you have been in the military within the last 18 months.
Filing for Webcert on www.mdunemployment.com
The Webcert is an Internet alternative to the Telecert telephone process of filing your continued claim for unemployment insurance benefits. You will need your Payment Information ready.
Using file webcert, you can access your continued claim filing dates, and history of all payments received, including the payment amount and date. The first time you use Webcert you will be prompted to create a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you will need for future use.
[error]If you have become unemployed through no fault of your own, and are actively seeking work, use the MD Unemployment site and ‘File Webcert’ process to receive the extended benefits you are entitled to.[/error]