Learn how to delete Kik account online in few steps. Kik is one account that can be dealt with quickly when it’s time to let it go. Do it now at www.kik.com
How to delete Kik account permanently
Kik is a messaging service, if your teen is using it you can contact Kik and have it deleted. This is because those under 18 must have parental permission to use Kik, and under 13 year old children are not allowed to use it. If you are on phone rather than a computer or other smart device, you can start the process to delete a Kik account without using email. You will need to finish it later when you can access email, but Kik will send a confirmation to deactivate once you have begun the first steps:
- Open the App: Whether you are using a mobile phone, tablet, android operating system or other, such as on computer the first step is to open the app.
- Tap Settings
- Access ‘my account’ and bring up the options menu
- Select ‘options’
- Choose ‘reset Kik messenger’
- When prompted, type in the email address which you used for registration
- Check your email and click on the permanent deactivate link
Your Kik account is now gone for good. No one can message you on Kik, your username won’t be found, and your name will disappear from other Kik users’ contact lists. This method will work to completely erase your account on the iPhone, an android, and on iPod forever.
Common questions when deleting a Kik Account
- Q: After I delete my kik account is it gone forever on my tablet?
- A: The app will also need to be deleted as it is usually the app which holds your user account information on the device where you are using Kik.
- Q: How do I get rid of my Kik contacts? Will I lose all of my contacts?
- A: Once your account is deleted they will not show up. A first step when Kik is activated on a device is for it to search your contacts for Kik users. You won’t lose your existing contacts by deleting Kik.
- While messenger services like Kik can be a fun way to stay in touch, it is just as important to know how to delete them if you no longer want to use their services. Deleting unused accounts is an important part of internet security and privacy safeguarding.
Kik address and contact
420 Weber Street North, Suite I
N2L 4E7 Canada